I NEED YOUR VOTES...
did you stop reading :(
okay good, you didn't....
Alright peeps, it is Caramel season! Okay, I made that up, but I think it should have its own season. I love all the fall treats and activities (making caramel apples) you can do with caramel that seems only fitting this time of year. My waist line may not like it as much as my taste buds do, but either way I LOVE this time of year and all its yummy goodness.
Onto why I need your help... I was lucky to be chosen to enter into a Caramel competition for my sponsor Orson Gygi!!! There are 7 bloggers and 7 great recipes but there is only one Bridgey Widgey recipe that I need you to vote for!
Here is my recipe I entered:
Sugar Cookie Caramel Peanut Butter Bars are a gooey upgraded version of the school lunch peanut butter bar. They are rich and a perfect fall treat paired with ice cream. So next time, skip that slice of pie and wow your guests with this sugar cookie caramel peanut butter bars.
- -1/2 cup peanut butter, melted
- -2 Break-n- Bake sugar cookie packs
- -1/8 of the Peter’s Caramel loaf
- -1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- -1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1. To make this gooey caramel peanut butter cookie bar, start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Next, press down one package of sugar cookie dough into the bottom of a non greased 9×13 pan. Place this in the oven for 10-15 minutes until there is a nice golden brown color.
- 3. While the cookie is baking, it’s time to make the gooey center. Place the caramel and evaporated milk in a double broiler and melt until it is creamy and smooth. If you don’t have a double broiler you can place it in the microwave and melt the caramel and milk for 45 seconds and continually stir until smooth.
- 4. Next, mix in the melted peanut butter and chocolate chips and pour over the baked cookie.
- 5. This is the tough part. Place the second sugar cookie package on the top of the caramel layer. I rolled out the dough and did my best to transfer it on top of the gooey caramel mixture. This does not need to be perfect. We are going for taste not looks…
- 6. Place the bars back in the oven and cook until the top layer has a golden brown layer. Once done, let cool and serve with ice cream.
I like to place the bars in the fridge for a while to harden the caramel. If the bars are too soft it is hard to serve. Better to over cook then under cook.
Some alternatives I have tried and LOVE is switching out the peanut butter for Nutella, or Cookie Butter… oh gosh my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Enjoy and top it off with a nice scoop of ice cream as you are voting for me below... :)
To go vote for me CLICK THE ABOVE IMAGE
Voting is open till Sunday, October 14th