That title is a mouth full but guess what else will keep your mouth full... This amazing peach pie.
My neighbor is such an great baker and I am constantly getting yummy treats from her but this time I came over and participated in the action. I just adore her and we are all in luck because she just started her own food blog. Go check it out here.
I don't know why I got so excited cutting peaches and cooking. I kept telling her that this is my Disneyland.
This is her yummy recipe that she was kind enough to share with me....
(pic blurry because I had a 8 year old take it and that can be hard on a dslr)
Prep and cook time: about 30 mins plus at least 3 hours to chill
Keep in mind: it is a lot better to use fresh, uncooked peaches so you can buy them at my favorite peach stand
- either 1 pie crust or I use 1 graham cracker crust
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup peach juice/ nectar ( see picture below)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- about 5 cups ripe peaches
(I use this type of peach juice. It is a lot better than if you opened a can of peaches and used that juice)
1. If using pie crust then follow baking instructions on the box, if not continue...
2. in a saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Add peach juice and mix. Stir over high heat until boiling, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and almond extract.
Sauce is done when it looks like this:
3. peel and pit peaches; cut in 1/2 inch slices into a bowl. Add hot peach glaze and mix to coat the slices.
4. Scrape peaches into crust and chill until firm enough to cut (at least 3 hrs) If making up to 1 day ahead cover air tight with a bowl to avoid touching the fruit.
Cut, Serve, and Enjoy!!