Sunday, July 24, 2011

Chalk Board Framed Sign

I know you have seen this before so I am not claiming my trademark on this or anything but I thought I would still share :)



BEFORE: (frame purchased for 3 dollars at a garage sale)


AFTER:

WHAT YOU NEED:

  • primer and you have to get Gildden Gripper because it will go on glass. 
  • what ever color of spray paint you chose
  • glaze. (not shown in picture. I use Raulph Lauren faux glaze.)
  • chalk board spray paint. (I wasn't in love with the spray, next time I would buy a paint on kind)



Light prime over the frame with Kliz primer... MY FAV.

Paint 2-3 coats of primer all over the glass:

Spray paint and let dry for a couple hours  and then glaze the frame: click HERE for tips on glazing
if you feel you glazed too much then do another quick spray of your paint. I then finish it off with some semi-gloss sealer.


AND YOU ARE DONE!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...