Sunday, July 17, 2011

Frozen Chocolate Bananas




Doesn't this look just  divine? My husband is trying to loose some weight (okay and I am to) and he normally goes through a carton of ice cream in a week so I thought I would try these to see if they would help his cravings. I would love to say they did but, um, he never tried any because i ate them all (blushing). Did I mention it has coconut sprinkled on top... so there, it wasn't my fault.

I found this recipe HERE but I am never great at following a recipe. I am the girl who just eyeballs and tries to use just whatever I already have in the pantry. I also put a popsicle stick in it because let's face it, everything is more fun to eat when it is on a stick.


So here is my version compared to the original recipe:

What you'll need . . .
  • 2 large bananas
  • 1/4 to 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips Hersey milk chocolate chips
  • 1/4 to 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
  • Unsweetened coconut flakes
  • one spoonful of Nutella :)
  • Popsicle sticks
(okay so not so healthy lol... And this is why I need to loose weight)

Method . . . 



  1. Set out a large plate or bowl with a piece of parchment or wax paper on it.
  2. Cut up the bananas into good-sized chunks. Each banana should give you around 5 to 6 pieces 2 pieces.
  3. Heat the peanut butter, nuetlla and chocolate chips in the microwave on high for about a minute. Then stir until smooth.
  4. Stab the banana with the Popsicle stick as if you were letting out some anger. Then dip the banana pieces in the chocolate-peanut butter and Nutella mixture. Lay them out leaving some space between them on the parchment/wax paper. Then when you've "covered" them all, use the remaining mixture to spoon over the tops (for even more chocolate-y goodness).
  5. Then sprinkle the sweetened coconut flakes on top.  Transfer to the freezer for about an hour until hardened.
  6. Enjoy. I don't like them when they are too frozen but when they are a little soft on the inside... mmmm delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...