Thursday, July 14, 2011

Coconut Chicken

I am loving all things Coconut right now. I saw this recipe on Pinterest courtesy of Pennies On A Platter and HAD to try it that night. I must say it was Delish with a capital D. but I changed it up a little due to lack of all the ingredients in my fridge and I already went to the store twice, each time forgetting something else on this recipe. GRR


Coconut Chicken

Coconut Chicken with Apricot Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
1 egg
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup apricot preserves
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (instead of mustard I used Honey Dijon salad dressing and used about 1 tablespoon)
Preheat the oven to 400˚F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Lightly beat the egg in a medium bowl; set aside.  Mix the coconut, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.  Working with one chicken breast at a time, dip the chicken in the bowl with the beaten egg and then coat with the coconut mixture.  Place on the baking sheet.  Once all chicken breasts are coated and on the baking sheet, evenly drizzle with the melted butter.  Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, flipping once halfway.
To prepare the apricot sauce, mix the apricot preserves and the Dijon mustard in a small bowl.  Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Freezer Friendly:  After baking the chicken, let cool completely then freeze in a freezer bag for up to 1 month.  To reheat, bake in a preheated oven at 400˚F for 20 minutes.
Source:  Jamie MacDonald, friend of Pennies on a Platter


TRUST me you cant go wrong. I won't lie I ate it so fast the first time I forgot the sauce in the fridge and it was still amazing. I served it with asparagus and some brown rice.

1 comment:

  1. I made this for dinner tonight, it is so Delicious! I will be making it again for sure. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...