Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New Blog Design

   I have decided to put more effort into the design of this blog. I started this blog just for fun and so I wouldn't have all these projects on my personal family blog because let's face it I don't care to have all this stuff scrapbooked. I also like to chat a lot and I can only chat to my 10 month baby for so long before him and I are bored so this is my little outlet for getting ideas off my mind. I found that I really love blogging even though I am new and I see other blogs that are 10 times better than mine. I know I graduated from college in communications and I often will have run-on sentences and my grammar will not be perfect but hey, I write the way I talk and I don't want to feel like I have to constantly worry if I spelled something right. I don't care what people say about me blogging. I do it because I like it and I know people do make fun of me and usually to my face (mainly my own family) I know to them blogging can seem like a waste of time that they don't have. I just say I could be doing much worse things with my time then documenting my life and projects. Plus, this blog helps motivate me to try new crafts and new things such as getting into decorating for parties.
    My parties started off with family and helping here and there but now I have enough request that I am making it into a business. I am starting to rent out my decor/supplies/dishes or booking me as a party decorator. With this venture I have potential customers wanting to see my previous parties and I felt embarrassed to send them to this blog because it wasn't anything fancy. I also have to keep in mind that I am on a budget so I am trying to figure out this whole design thing on my own and I must say after spending a good 4 hours total figuring out all the css and html coding I think it looks good for doing it for free. If you are interested in knowing how I did the tabs at the top feel free to shoot me an email.

4 comments:

  1. Your blog looks great!!! You look beautiful as well...Your super talented and I wish I was as crafty as you Bridgy. I miss you.....ALOT.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute new blog Bridget! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...