Tuesday, March 6, 2012

DIY Sea Salt Spray





In a perfect world I would be always lounging on the beach. The warm breeze, loads of vitamin D giving me more freckles, a cool drink in a coconut, and sea salt wafting through my hair. I would be left relaxed, smelling and looking like the beach with wavy, texturized hair, that is, what my husband says, "oh-so sexy."
 -okay, back to reality-

Now days, even if I am at the beach, I am cleaning up sandy boogers off my kid's face and not working on my boho tresses. Plus, I live in Utah so I am far away from an everyday beach look. If only I had a way... Oh wait, I do!

 I arm myself with this homemade Sea Salt Spray that creates that perfect beach hair. This DIY hair product is simple, cheap and makes you look like you've just stepped off your favorite shoreline.

Now, let's get going on these sexy boho tresses...


Why buy this for $15-20...





When you can make your own for less than a dollar.

Here's what you'll need:

* Empty Spray Bottle
* 3 teaspoons Epsom Salt
* 3 squirts Water-Based Hair Gel
* 4 ounces Tap Water



*** Optional: I put a little squirt of Suave coconut scented shampoo to give it that I-smell-like-I-came-from-the-beach-smell.


Here's what to do:
Just load your ingredients into your spray bottle - that's it!
When you get out of the shower, spray your new Sea Salt Spray over your damp hair and scrunch up with your hands. I wait until it is almost dry and then I blow my hair on cool with a diffuser. Once my hair is completely dry, I spritz a little hair spray and call it good! Now I have that beach look even when there is snow outside ;)



Want to know my favorite part about this textured hair? It is perfect the next day for a cute messy updo!


linking here

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridget, I love this! Totally going to try it... your hair looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have beautiful hair!! Im definitely going to try this!! Thanks for the tip!

    Samm
    www.LittleHouseintheBigD.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! We moved away from our beach side abode about 6 months ago and I miss the extra wave the salty air would give my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday, I featured this tonight on my blog! Come on over and grab a button :) http://www.mygirlishwhims.com/2012/03/your-whims-wednesday-50-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on this DIY guide! Sea salt spray hair just leaves a great after-a-day-at-the-beach look!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...