Sunday, March 25, 2012

Princess Party





Once upon a time, in a land far away, a little girl named Tessa turned 3.

For this party I was told the my niece wanted a princess theme, but I was given the freedom to do what I wanted. I chose to do a different spin on a typical princess party. I focused more on the stories of each princess. I wanted each guest to feel like they stepped into their own fairytale that started “Once Upon A time” and ended “Happily Ever After.” 

For the decor, I incorporated old books to represented the different fairy tales. I also used my ruffle fabric banner, princess party hats, and  Fairy godmother wands For the backdrop, I used a table cloth and a frame from Ikea. For the table cloth I used a bedskirt on bottom and a lace overlay on top.  Now for the best part... the food.  I took inspiration from the princess stories. We had: kissing frogs, Cinderella glass slipper cookies, Snow White "poison" caramel apples, royal jewels, and Princess PB&J's The  food wouldn't make any sense if it wasn't for the amazing printables. They were done by my sponsor Mimi's Dollhouse . She did exactly what I had in mind and was so easy to work with. These printables will be available for purchase in her shop so you can go and create your own perfect princess party.

Enjoy!




The invitation sets the mood for the whole party so I always try to set the theme and tone with the invitation so the guests can know what to expect.
Invitation by Mimi's Dollhouse.



 Fairy Godmother wand tutorial and giveaway HERE






To see how I made the back drop click here

This party was featured on the one and only Amy Atlas :)



Vendor Credit:
Paper straws: Gygi's 
Fairy godmother wands: The Wood Connection
Printables: Mimi's Dollhouse 
Milk Glass bottles: Bake it Pretty


Linking up here

25 comments:

  1. LOVE. IT! Bridget...you did such a great job & I'm sooooo excited about you being featured on Amy Atlas! You are awesome & everything turned out great! From one party girl to another...way to go! :p Heidi Rew from PartiesforPennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!!! Stopping by fro Homemaker on a Dime blog hop. http://craftyandcookingmomma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so adorable! You did a fantastic job...I would even love it for my birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! What a creative spin on the typical "princess party" I am planning my daughter's first birthday in a couple of months and am excited to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely a party fit for a princess! We'd love for you to share it (and anything else you'd like) at our Beautify It Monday Link party going on now at BringingBeauty.blogpsot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So incredibly gorgeous! Love all the details! I loved the doily wrapped sandwiches and the kissing frogs--super clever touches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty party. I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com


    PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I love the sophistication that you brought to the Princess theme, yet still girly enough for the little girls! Gorgeous!

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! What a darling theme! Great job!
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been featured on Bringing Beauty! Come by and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my goodness! This is so lovely :) Thanks for sharing at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I love all the little details, and I LOVE the framed "Once upon a time"! What a beautiful party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable! The details are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How gorgeous!! You did such a great job and everything looks so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where was my invite?? hehe The party looked PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Now, I hope you are planning on sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!! Please!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there. I was wondering where you got the ring pops featured on some of the girls in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them at the dollar tree You could see about ordering off amazon or searching it online to see if there is a party place like oriental trading who has these

      Delete
  17. Wow :) This is Cho Cute :) I cant resist to hold that cute little princess. :) I too have a 4 year old daughter for whom we are also planning to have princess party character theme party for her birthday and your post has really excited to plan a head.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have read quite a lot of good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much effort you put to create such a fantastic informative site.
    reception venues in los angeles

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...