Monday, April 9, 2012

Fairy Godmother Wands


Hey everyone! today I am guest posting for The Wood Conneciton blog. You may remember my last post for them was the chalk board banner.  Well, I have another fun project that hopefully can grant us a wish or two ;)   I decided to make some Fairy Godmother Wands for a recent princess party I styled. The kids loved them and they are so easy to make that no one should ever buy the plastic ones again.

Let's get crafting...


Here is all the supplies you need from The Wood Connection:

1. Wood glue
2. Pink coarse glitter
3. Wooden Dowels that fit inside the star that comes with a hole. (the wonderful staff with help you find the right size)
4. Wooden star. (These are by the big letters in the front of their store)



Step 1. Spray paint your stars and dowels but leave one side of the star untouched (see pic below). I used Krylon in Ballet Slipper. You can also hand pant these and The Wood Connection has a great selection to choose from.  I just used what I already had.



Step 2: once the paint has dried on the back side of the star, spray the front side. Next quickly pour the glitter over the top of the wet paint. I do this on a paper plate so I can reuse my left over glitter.



Step 3: Using your wood glue, put a dab of glue inside the hole and insert the dowel. Tip: you may need to twist the dowel instead of pushing it in. I found that it was easier if I twisted them in.



Step 4. Optional, you can spray the top of the glitter with a finish spray to seal the glitter down but make sure you don't use any matte finish... It will take the shine away. I didn't do this and some glitter fell off here and there, but the kids thought it was "magic." 

Step 5. Watch the kids enjoy their Fairy Godmother Wands.



To see more of the princess party click here.


The Wood Connection is giving away 25 dollars away to one of my lucky readers.


HOW TO ENTER:
(one entry for each of the following)


1. Become a follower of my blog.
2. Follow my facebook page.
3. Share this giveaway on fb, twitter, your blog... where ever :)

Please include your email so I can contact you.


Winner will be announced one week from today. Good Luck!


Disclosure: The Wood Connection gave me all the material in exchange for the post. All opinions and text are my own, as always.


CONTEST CLOSED: 
WINNER IS SUSAN

39 comments:

  1. I shared the post on Facebook -- These are so cute!!! rbjb2004@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following from the wood connection post! Super cute idea. My girls would LOVE these.
    Amber am_topher@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter would love these! I'm following you on facebook. amywhitehead@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! I wish I had a little girl I could make them for! Maybe my nieces...
    I am a follower of your blog and facebook. I also shared this post on Facebook.
    brandiliskabeck@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute wands...Great job!
    gnsdodge@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm following your blog :)
    gnsdodge@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am now following you on FB...glad I found you!
    gnsdodge@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your ideas!! And I'm proud to follow you on FB!
    dustybuck@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! I follow your blog
    Sarah.ann.brown36@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Following you on fb :)
    Sarah.ann.brown36@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea I will be making some soon for my daughter, I am following your blog. Thanks for the great idea jillwalles6096@q.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute idea! I am following your blog!
    redutedaisy@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just added you to FB cute craft! Yolvam@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tweeted it!
    wifeofjw@gmail.com

    Hope you're doing well! I'd love to get together sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your cute parties! You are so talented!!
    I shared this giveaway on facebook.
    jackie.wuthrich@imail.org

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marty (mer.marty@yahoo.com)April 9, 2012 at 8:25 PM

    I follow your blog via bloglines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marty (mer.marty@yahoo.com)April 9, 2012 at 8:26 PM

    And I just liked you on fb!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like you on FB! Shalena.simmons@gmail

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like you on Facebook! anna.frederickson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I also follow your blog:) anna.frederickson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. awesome, thanks bridget!!!! :0) i LOVE looking at all the cute ideas you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am a follower of your blog! amandaosanford@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I liked your facebook page. amandaosanford@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes I follow your cute blog! -Love that wand!! bjamarrsfam@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am a liker on FB, no doubt!! bjamarrsfam@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I gave you a tweet tweet!! Whoohoo! bjamarrsfam@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I follow your blog! Those wands are so super cute! I need a little girl to make girly things for! I have three boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I follow you on facebook! Hope I win (fingers crossed! lol!)
    I forgot to leave my email on my previous comment, it is malinda914@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I follow on fb :). Vivienvanleeuwen@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. 3 entries for me!! I SOO got this in the bag :)
    -following your blog
    -Liked on FB
    -Shared on FB
    p.s.LOVE the wands!!
    meganclark5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...