Monday, April 23, 2012

Snap Conference


This past weekend I had the privilege to attend the Snap Conference. I won't lie, I was so nervous to go by myself that I was about to sell my ticket. I was afraid I would be discouraged when I got there because there were so many bigger bloggers than me attending. 

I, and this is for reals, sat in my car and was like, "Bridge, keep it cool, when you see one of your blogging idols don't come across stocker-ish.  Don't gush how amazing you think they are. Act professional. It was if I was preparing myself for that big game day. Ha... well that all went out the window right as I opened the door and ran into the SWEETEST girl Mandy from Vintage Revivals.


Turns out EVERYONE was so kind and I left the first night so excited to go back. So excited in fact that when I came home I was telling my husband all about it while dancing around the kitchen and was like, "these are my peeps. They get me." They enjoy crafts, blogging, taking pictures of EVERYTHING, and they get excited over cordless hot glue guns ;) 

 I often get teased by family members about blogging. 
"Oh bridgey widgey!!"... picture my oldest brother saying that in a high pitch voice as he is poking me in the arm, or if I am about to eat something and one of them says, "oh take a picture, you need to blog about that." So it was so refreshing to be with a bunch of women who all have similar hobbies as myself. 

Now the BIG take away I got from this conference wasn't learning photoshop, or how to network, it was to just BE MYSELF. They stressed the importance of being you because everyone else is taken. I  think a lot of us woman focus so much on the number. The number of followers we have, the number on the scale, the number of dollar bills we have in our wallet. So I think it is very important to not get caught up in that and just be true to yourself. 

My talented friend at Mimi's Dollhouse made this free printable for anyone who wants it. I want to place it next to my computer so when I am blogging I can remember what I learned at this conference. Be myself and hope people like it.

To download this printable click the arrow in the bottom right hand corner. To print, press the image that looks like a printer. This is a 5x7 print. 

To get this printable for free along with others click HERE

18 comments:

  1. Bridget you are so fantastic there are just not words!! I cant wait to check out your site for the next 4 hours!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post Bridget! I'm signed up for the Haven conference in Atlanta & I'm going all by my self. I'm pretty nervous but encouraged by hearing your experience at the SNAP conference! Love all that you learned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get you girl!!! so fun to sit next to you and chat a bit..... go Bridget!! Let me know if I can help with anything :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower of yours and I'm so glad we got to meet at SNAP! I totally agree with you that everyone was so fantastically nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sign, such a great reminder of a fantastic weekend! It was so fun to meet you and I look forward to keeping up with you and your parties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I would LOVE to go to SNAP one of these days! Glad to hear you had such a good time. And I totally get the being teased about blogging thing. Half the time when I tell people I have a blog I feel like I should apologize for it. Like I'm not cool or something. Then I remind myself. I am who I am, and I'm good with it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, I think a conference like this sounds AWESOME. I've always wanted to go to a blogging conference just to meet "peeps who get me," like you said.

    How did you find out about this conference?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to laugh when you talked about your moment in the car because I almost didn't get out of the car either and I had my sister with me :) But, it all turned out ok :) It was so fun to meet you and I'll be visiting your darling blog often!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like an amazing time!! I LOVE your blog and I'm always thrilled when I see a new post from Bridgey Widgey!
    xo,
    Laurie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're freaking delightful! Thanks for coming!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the printable (I posted one today too!). I wish we could have met!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl, I know what you mean. No one in my family but my husband gets why I blog or why I do what I do. I'm glad you went and had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! Love that printable too! Glad you made it to the conference and had fun =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are simply darling. I am so glad that you could make it out to the conference this year and "hang" with us. AND...I am glad that you've found your "people."

    Hope you will join us next year!

    xoxo
    Tauni

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet of you to have that free printable!So true! So glad you loved SNAP!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found you through the SNAP linky party, and fell in love with your blog! I LOVE a good party, and am in full swing planning two parties for my children next month. I am your new follower, and I would love if you would stop by my blog and check out the parties we did last year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...