Monday, April 30, 2012

Paper Cone Tutorial









 I love wooden dowels because I feel the crafting options are endless. I used dowels from The Wood Connection to make "Fairy Godmother" Wands  for a Princess Party and this time I am showing you how to make party favor cones on a dowel that I used for a "Rock-a- Bye Baby" baby shower. 


Let's get started...

YOU NEED:

*Medium size dowel cut in thirds. They can cut them right there for you at the store for just pennies.
*8x10 double sided paper of your choice. Mine is all from The Wood Connection.
*Tape
*Stapler. I prefer the long handle kind but you can use any regular stapler. 
*Ribbon of your choice




HOW TO:

This is super easy once you get the hang of it. I took a lot of pictures to help direct you, and it will just take some playing around with to get that first cone. Once you get that first cone, you can use it to shape the others.

The KEY here is you have to have 8x10 paper. Most my paper is 12x12 so, if that is the same for you then just cut it down.


I roll the bottom right hand corner just part of the way to help get its shape.



Wrap the bottom right hand corner around the outside of the bottom left hand corner. This will help form the cone. This should fit nicely around because you already shaped the bottom right corner in step one.


 While holding the bottom right hand corner continue to step 4...





Step 6: While the dowel is in the cone, I will then hot glue the dowel down to the front side of the cone. This will help secure the dowel as well as balance out the cone once there are treats in it. If you don't do this step your cone may tilt once in the styrofoam or vase.



Step 7 decorate with Ribbon of choice. 

WAH-LA! you are done.


I filled my cones with Kool-Aid popcorn. To get that recipe and to see the rest of this "Rock-A-Bye" party click HERE.





Now for the giveaway...




The Wood Connection is giving away 25 dollars away to one of my lucky readers.


HOW TO ENTER:
(one entry for each of the following)


1. Become a follower of my blog.  If you are already a follower, great!!!  Just leave a comment saying so.


2. Follow my facebook page.


3. Share this giveaway on fb, twitter, your blog... where ever :)

Please include your email so I can contact you.


Winner will be announced May 12th. Good Luck!


Disclosure: The Wood Connection gave me all the material in exchange for the post. All opinions and text are my own, as always.

38 comments:

  1. I totally needed this tutorial! I've tried to make cones and mine always come out weird... pinning this for sure :) I follow your adorable blog!
    xo,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable!! I may try to incorporate these into the carnival party! Can I feature you when I do?? Love them Bridget!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I follow- how cute are those cones!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your FB page-- keeps me all up to date on you and your haps!! :) I Love it- and Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tweeted about this post!! Thanks again!
    https://twitter.com/#!/JenniferMarrs/status/196999859021164545

    ReplyDelete
  6. I follow your blog page and your FB page. Thanks for all the cute posts!!! adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wait... It says to leave my email. jelaineb@hotmail.com - just thinking positive thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow you and love your great ideas! bluevestedbeauty@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a follower/stalker!! haha
    Vanessa Barker
    ourthriftyideas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I follow you on facebook
    Vanessa Barker
    ourthriftyideas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm following you as 3 Pink Owls. Love your ideas!
    amywhitehead@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I follow you on facebook too.
    amywhitehead@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I shared on facebook.
    amywhitehead@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a HUGE fan of your blog, and I'm also following you on Facebook.
    allthingskids4@gmail.com
    I'm going to share your blog on my blog www.allthingskidsslc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This article is really fantastic and thanks for sharing the valuable post.
    Signature:
    i like play games happy wheels online and play happy wheels 2 games and friv , girlsgogames , games2girls

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really like the dear information you offer in your articles. I’m able to bookmark your site and show the kids check out up here generally.
    Signature:
    download messenger | messenger indir | messenger | messenger download | messenger indir | download messenger | messenger indir | messenger download

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great article. It gave me a lot of useful information. thank you very much. Can you play more games at :

    ninjago games | swords and souls | subway surfers | goodgame big farm | strike force kitty 2 | agario

    ReplyDelete
  19. Visit to play: Agar io est un jeu affronte des milliers de concurrents. Play Super Mechs 2 online for free - The best SuperMechs - super mechs games series, defeat the enemy to win and level up. Atari breakout game is a very easy game to play. Play Atari breakout - atari breakout began with eight rows of blocks, each two rows had different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The article you have shared here very awesome. I really like and appreciated your work. I read deeply your article, the points you have mentioned in this article are useful
    swords and souls | ninjago games | hola launcher | agario | cooking fever | goodgame big farm | red ball 4 | agar io | subway surfers | paradise bay | strike force kitty 2

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would like more information about this, because it is very nice. Thanks for sharing. The game you like it? Douchebag workout 2 is the second version of Douchebag workout. I like play game as Stick RPG 2, score hero and piano tiles 2 game diep.io online

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great information shared in this blog. Helps in gaining concepts about new information and concepts. photo grid online free, Sushi Cat 2

    ReplyDelete
  24. To find a greater publicity to your facebook account, People spend cash to Buy Facebook Followers to quickly find exposure online. here you can buy facebook followers

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sometimes one must honestly admit to each other that rice rice shirt money makes life become so hurry hurry, to a sincere word love and a kiss on the cheek before going to work and back into luxury. So people gradually learn to accept the busy and interested in each other's superficial.
    run 2 , b612 app , slither.io

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...