Wednesday, July 18, 2012

California




Not that anyone is like, "Bridge, where are all your vacation pics," but I feel I am a slacker. Since getting back from vacation I have had two parties and a sick kid which means no time. While being on vacation I had a lot of time to think........ and tan this pasty white body of mine :) While there,  I have decided to reevaluate a few things I do in my life. Think about where my priorities are and where they should be. I have always wanted to be a mom, and when my son was 9 months old I quite my job as an account manager to do just that. Since then I have started decorating parties as a hobby, which later turned into a job that consumes more of my time than my previous job with benefits ever did. I need to simplify my life in all aspects. I love blogging, I love decorating parties, I love working with my AMAZING sponsors, but I love my time with my family more. I have been so incredibly blessed to have the family I have, and lately I have been so busy with all things I have brought upon myself that I haven't given them as much of my time as I should.  I need to get back to things that matter to me the most. With that said, I will be taking a break from decorating parties for a bit to vacation and enjoying the rest of the summer with my family. No worries, I have a ton of posts on tutorials and parties I have yet to edit so there will be parties posted on here until I am ready to start decorating again but until then please understand if I say no.

Okay now a quick recap of my trip to California. My in laws and my family both vacation down in Carlsbad one week after another so lucky for us we got two mini trips. With my in laws we staid at the Four Seasons and we had more of a resort vacation. With my family... well it is a little different. With so many of us it is a little less relaxing and more crazy beach fun.

Warning: all camera phone pics


We ate lots and lots of not-so-healthy food by the pool.









Staying in our pj's all day long. 



Every year it is tradition for the grand kids to line up and my dad gives them some cash to spend on treats while in California.


We took family photos. To read about them click here


You know those photos you ask someone to take of you but then you look like you didn't know they were taking the picture. Ha, yes this is one of those and I am totally calling myself out on this one :)





Lots of cousin playing time.

Jaxon's closest cousin is only 8 days younger than him.

My side of the family takes over the whole beach!  Picture taken from my parents place.



4 comments:

  1. Your little one is so cute! Looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously so cute. looks like fun!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your bathing suit Bridget! So cute! Glad you guys got to get away & relax! <3 Heidi Rew from PartiesforPennies

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like so much fun! and I've done the 'take my picture but i'm really nonchalant about it' thing many a time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...