Monday, March 28, 2011

Healthy Recipes

I have to give credit where credit is due. I found this amazing app called SparkRecipes. It is an app for healthy recipes and you can search by category, course, cuisine, dietary needs, or occasion. The recipe can be saved to your favorite list and you can keep going back to it again and again like I do. Another cool feature is you can use it as a timer for when you are cooking or it can help you with conversions. You can even watch videos or download their diet and fitness tracker. you can get a customized diet plan, track your food and calories, plus record your fitness program and weight.

Best part is SparkRecipes is a FREE app and if you like their app then their fitness one is free to. I haven't tried the fitness one because I'm breastfeeding (too much information) and I am more concerned about that then I am about loosing weight.

Oh wait I forgot... the BEST BEST part is it has the nutritional facts for each recipe.

Okay so here is my favorite recipe I have gotten off this app. It's super easy, serves 4 and is 173 calories per serving.

HONEY BALSAMIC CHICKEN



Ingredients:
1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp olive oil
1 lb chicken breast
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp honey

Directions:

Combine first 3ingredients; sprinkle over both sides of chicken

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.

Transfer chicken to a platter; keep warm. reduce heat to medium-low; add balsamic vinegar and honey to pan. Simmer 1 minute or until glaze thickens; stir constantly. pour glaze over chicken.


( I personally like to serve it over rice and double the sauce. I lay the chicken over the rice and then drizzle the sauce over the whole thing. or I like to add it on a skewer. Who doesn't like eating something on a stick? )

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...