Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I love Jax and Jax loves his bottle




This kid has been testing my patience lately as I have been taking away his binky and bottle. I just have to give advice to all those new mommies... take it all away before they get to attached, it makes for a hard week if you don't. Today I couldn't find Jaxon, but I could hear him. Turns out he crawled under my bed and got stuck. I couldn't figure out what in the world was so important for him to work his way  to the center of my king size bed. As I dragged him out by his ankles and turned him over I found that he had a gross, lint covered binky in his mouth. Poor kid was trying to get his binky fix.

Below is how this last couple days has transpired.... Let's start with this LOVELY video.

(I am sparing you the 2 minute video I documented to prove to dad that this is why I want to go crazy at the end of the day)



He refuses to drink anything or eat anything until he gets a bottle.

I tried the straw. I thought it worked. Nope only for 2 sips and he went back to screaming.



I bought him a lighting McQueen sippy thinking that would work. Nope only worked for 2 seconds.


I bribed him...




This is what finally worked. He was so thirsty after being in the hot sun playing baseball that he had to drink something! 

We are on day 2 of drinking out of a sippy and not having any major fits! Let's hope this continues. 

Every morning when he wakes up, the first thing that comes out of his mouth is, "ba ba" and I have to explain to him with a song and dance that we want a, "big boy sippy cup, big boy sippy cup. big boy, big boy, big boy sippy cup" as we dance around singing and head thrashing he eventually takes the sippy and drinks it all! Oh the things I do and hope my neighbors can't see through the windows :)

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...